Well being coaching is right for you if you answer YES to at least 4 of the pursuing questions:
(1) Is now the time to do something to further improve your health?
(2) Is yourself harmful and out of balance? Counseling Virginia Beach
(3) Are you fed up with being sick and exhausted, burned out, and/or under-productive?
(4) Do you want to make lasting, positive changes in your lifestyle such as losing weight, decreasing cholesterol, controlling stress, controlling blood sugars, or lowering stress?
(5) Do you want to commit to an honest exploration of your top health concerns?
(6) Are you seeking to create more overall satisfaction by bringing greater pleasure, engagement, and meaning to your life?
(7) Possess other traditional treatment programs failed to improve your health?
Competitive sports train us that individuals learn best and attain optimum performance when they acquire support and guidance from a knowledgeable coach. Therefore why should we go it alone and consider our health–something that we treasure and that really matters to us–as any less important? In brief, Health and Wellness Instruction, an ground breaking alternative to traditional healthcare programs, is for you because when you’re focused and really know what to do, you can accomplish a lot in a short period of time.
There are several steps to the training process:
(1) Intake interview and analysis (includes a coaching readiness and starting point/goals assessment);
(2) morals and values identification and clarification;
(3) development of an individualized plan of action;
(4) measurement of improvement toward goals;
(5) modification of strategies as needed; and
(6) continual re-assessment of progress.
Candidates for health coaching include those with a variety of chronic health problems such as arthritis, asthma, back pain, diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, kidney disease, and unhealthy weight (to name a few), as well as those who seek relief from everyday stress, anger, and anxiety, and those seeking to meet the requirements of Attention-Deficit Disorder.
A separate and effective health coach knows from both personal and professional experience that to achieve success, you have to know where you’re going and how you’re going to get there–essentially, strategy and structure. “If you no longer know where you want to, it doesn’t subject which road you take” (Cheshire Cat, Lewis Carol). Your coach should also be familiar with research into health coaching. Detectives in a Yale analysis showed that “coaching is a highly effective and superior strategy in minimizing total cholesterol and other coronary risk factors such as blood pressure, in comparison to patients who were approved medication although not trained. ” If you have problems with a chronic health condition along with your physician has suggested changes in lifestyle, then coaching can have an impact on your ability to manage the advancement of your disease. Following parameters set by your physician and working as part of a team approach, your mentor can help you understand your current lifestyle alternatives and just how they negatively have an effect on your disease, identify things that you can and are going to change, and help create a meaningful plan of action that ensures success. The goal is to help you start as well as new healthy behaviours that will improve your quality of life.